9.21.2008

Take-Off!!!.......?


Well, my bags are packed. I'm ready to go.  And I'll stop there, before I become the 899th person to cover "Leaving on a Jet Plane".  Though there were a few complications (flight was changed a total of three times...the last one being when I was waiting to check my luggage)  I am here.  In the airport.  Waiting.   I always find flying to be a little awkward.  As a sock-monkey,  you always get a slough of questions.  "...And what nationality did you say you were?"  "Are you here by yourself?"  "You want to bring an elephant as your carry-on?!"  (Umm...maybe that one is just exclusive to me)  "Did you have to pay full price for your ticket?"  (Obviously!  Did you?  Why do people ask me that?  Are they trying to say something about my size?!) Anyway...here I am.  There's not much to say about the airport.  It's the same as always.  Expensive shops.  Nervous people.  Nervous people who by stuff at expensive shops because they can't stand waiting.  You know the drill.    Well, with all that said, I believe I'm going to go check out the Gucci shop.  One hour left, and I hate waiting.

No comments: